And keep yourself as far as possible from web development
You have finished your degree, or maybe you are in the middle of it. Wherever you look around it seems that developing web applications is the only option you have.
But you are different. You enjoy playing around with your Arduino or Raspberry Pi. You appreciate having a piece of hardware in your hand. Connecting cables and switch on and off LEDS.
Dear, maybe your thing is entering the embedded systems arena.
Below I will give you 5 reasons to become an embedded SW developer.
- Variety of industries: Embedded systems can be found in a wide range of industries, from automotive to healthcare, consumer electronics to industrial automation. This means that as an embedded software developer, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and products.
- Problem-solving: Embedded systems often require real-time performance, low power consumption, and small physical size. You will be challenged as an embedded software developer to find creative solutions to these constraints.
- Career growth opportunities: The demand for embedded systems is increasing (hello IoT!), and with it, the demand for embedded software developers. This means that there are many opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Challenging and rewarding: Embedded systems are often highly complex and require a deep understanding of the underlying hardware. As an embedded software developer, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and see the immediate impact of your work.
- Constant innovation: Embedded systems are constantly evolving, with new technologies and techniques being developed all the time. As an embedded software developer, you will have the opportunity to stay up-to-date with the latest developments and be a part of creating new and exciting products.
In conclusion, Embedded SW programming is a challenging and rewarding field that offers a wide range of career opportunities, diverse industries and constant innovation, if you are a problem solver, enjoy a challenging and dynamic work, and want to be part of creating new and exciting products, embedded systems development can be the right career for you.
Tired of reaching your 5 free articles so quickly?
Maybe it is time to subscribe to Medium and enjoy lots and lots of amazing stories (maybe not this, but I assure you that there are very good ones).
You can subscribe to Medium HERE using my link. I will get a share of it, and maybe with that money I could hire a writing coach and finally write something decent 😋.